School Is Coming To An End

Its pretty hard to believe but my freshman year of college is already almost over.  My last day is one of the first few days of May.  How odd to think.  It seems that the older I get, the faster the time goes - but this year seemed a bit extreme.

It sounds cliche but it really does seem like just yesterday that it was move in day.  I remember how I was so nervous on that day that I slept for one hour and even threw up into my father's hat while waiting to move my things into my dorm room. (Yikes!)

It took a while for me to get used to everything, and at first everything seemed so new and overwhelming.  I was at a school with no one I knew previously after all.  Being an introverted person, I tend to not go out of my way to meet people very often, so the first two weeks of school were really exhausting for me.  There were just so many introductions with people I had never met before. Not surprising, but frustrating all the same.

Also, the campus seemed so big then.  Now it seems tiny to me.  When people always get lost looking for my Residence Hall, I'm baffled as to how such a simple place could be so confusing.  Thats the biggest clue that things have changed for me, the size of my campus.  No longer consuming but minute.

Here are some pictures I took with my phone. They aren't the best pics but they're the best I can do for now.  One is a small view of Boyden Hall, and the other is the view from right outside my dorm (its done through a mesh screen so it looks kind of bad).




1 comments:

Joe Luzzi said...

I can not wait for college to be over this year was exhausting, unproductive, and lazy. Next year I'm going to accomplish so much more and I feel like i'll be on another level of becoming an adult. But yeah ur college campus is really nice and spacious :)