stupid homework...

Right now I really should be doing homework. But you know what - I was tempted to take one quick peek at my Facebook to see if I had any notifications. 20 minutes after I got back to my room, here I am. Have I started my math homework? No. Is it imperative that I get it done? Yes. Will I stop writing stuff for this pointless blog that I doubt anyone will ever see and just get it out of the way? Absolutely not. That means I'm going to sit here rambling for a little while, saying nothing and amusing no one.

So today was a very normal day for me. I am so happy to finally be able to say that. Just a few weeks ago at this exact moment I was at my job, sitting behind concession putting candy away and worrying about taking the enormous step into college life. Everyone here doesn't seem to want to admit it, but I'll be completely honest: I was really nervous. I could never seem to concentrate on anything because another looming thought about what I was getting myself into was always filling my head.

I know it may seem irrational, but cut me some slack - I had barely ever left Rhode Island. Hell! I rarely even left my town, venturing to the next town over was kind of a big deal for me. I just sat there, day after day, rotting in Westerly. Then out of nowhere its time to leave for college and I'm suddenly living in Massachusetts.

Its weird because college is something you are always thinking about. Even as a kindergartner my teachers brought it up from time to time. But it was always so far off in the distance. Even as a freshman in high school it felt like it was lifetimes away. That stretch of time made it feel like it wasn't real.

But now here I am. And believe it or not, I'm adjusting quite well. I feel more at home at this school in 3 weeks than I did at fucking WHS in 4 years. (I knew I hated that place, but until I came here I didn't know how much. But that's another story.)

I'm growing accustomed to the cafeteria food, the quarky professors, the mounds of homework, the 'yellow brick road', and the view from my dorm. I bought a BSC shirt and I'm actually happy to wear it. Not like when I bought all the stupid school apparel from our little business class because I felt obligated. I actually wanted it. I wanted to wear it around and show school spirit. And when there are sports games, I'm going to go watch some of them - because I want to. There will be no more forced pep rallys where I'm told to sit there cheering on the Bulldogs when really I couldn't care less. All I could do to keep myself sane during those damn rallys was think about the "Smells Like Teen Spirit Video" from Nirvana. (You know the one where its supposed to be a pep rally from hell and the gym is all filled with smoke and the cheerleaders are wearing the anarchy symbols....) So, in comparison to that, I'm doing quite well. Corny enough for you?

Oh, and one more final thought, Kanye West is an arrogent jackass who everyone should boycott for being a total douchebag to Taylor Swift. I don't even really care for Taylor Swift, but I mean, come on! She looked so sad and I really felt bad for her. Can he be any more of an asshole? That is all.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

OMGGGG hahahah i totally saw kanye do that to taylor! the poor girl. she deserved that award! she's a cute girl and obviously works hard. kanye is just a douchey person.

and i enjoy your pictures. :) the first picture was from the outside of your dorm right?

Sam said...

yeah thats the veiw from outside the window of my dorm. i cant figure out how to do captions on here.