allow me to introduce myself

Well, it seems logical that the first thing I write here should simply be a brief introduction.
I could easily sit here and ramble on and on about where I'm from, how old I am, where I go to school, and what career I have in mind, among other things. In fact, they seem like the perfect way to begin this blog. Instead, I will try to tell you things about my personality that really do define me as a person.
So to start off, I think that its important to know that I have two goals in life: to publish a book, and to understand people as a whole. I am fully aware that the second one will probably never happen, but I'd like to try all the same. That's what led me to choose the major that I did: sociology. Looking at society from a scientific perspective will definitely help me reach that understanding. As far as the book goes, being a writer has been a dream of mine since childhood that I have just never let go. I admit that I may not be the best writer, but when you have something worth saying it doesn't even matter. (Hmmm...I may talk about that more some other time.)
I honestly believe that watching movies, listening to music, and reading avidly are good for the soul. Seeing, hearing, and feeling the personal expressions of others is the healthiest thing that anyone can do for themselves. (Don't let those "health experts" tell you otherwise.)
I am a very out there type of person and things that are totally insignificant to one person can be fascinating beyond belief for me. I am the type to wear studded belts, a chain, converse all stars, jeans, and lots and lots of black.
I'm sure that as time goes on I will think of things to add, but for now I will let this information be.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

sweet! we write very differently if you were to read mine and then yours.. or vise versa. ha!

Sam said...

I agree. But I think thats a good thing.